To update orders with invoices after despatch – at least daily.
The following list of possible preparation steps will help you decide if you need to do anything before processing and if you need help.
- Select a company – see Change Companies.
- For first time use only: On the main menu click View > Parameters > Sales Order Processing – see Sales Order Processing Parameters – General Page. Set parameters as required.
- Change the system date as required – see Change Default Transaction Date.
- For first time use only: Design Sales Order Processing – Invoices & Credit Notes – see Stationery Design
- For first time use only: On the main menu click View > Parameters > Sales – see Sales Parameters – Options Page. Set parameters as required.
If using Matrix (Customer specific) Pricing:
For first time use only: Activate Matrix Pricing, select the Product Cost to be used for margin calculations and the Discounts to be used- see Stock Control Parameters – General Page. Ensure that Price Matrices have been created/amended as required – see Create & Edit Customer Specific Pricing (Price Matrices).
On the main menu click Orders > Customers > Invoice Orders to open form.
Select printer – see Printing Reports. Click OK to confirm selection and open message box.
Click Yes to post to the next period, No to post to the current period.
Click OK to open form – see Sales Order Selection form and select the required order from the list of all open orders displayed, or using the Account Number Combo Scroll & Search Box click on up and down arrows to scroll through list, and click OK or press Return when required selection is displayed, or: search for required code.
Once the customer is selected click OK.
Click OK to confirm selection and open form.
Complete form details– see Sales Order Invoicing form – below
Click OK to update records and print invoice.
Print daybook listing run as at the system date and confirm all invoices posted. See Print Sales Daybook Listing.
One copy of Invoice to be filed in number order with daybook listing for that day’s input.
Required: Defaults to parameter setting – see Sales Order Processing Parameters – General Page. Overwrite if customer delivery date is different to that shown. The order will be reported as being due for delivery on the date shown.
Change Account –
Select and click OK to update.
- References: 2 Fields – Type in a maximum of 16 characters in each field.
- Analysis: Maximum 2 characters account specific – customers can be grouped together for reporting. Defaults to code shown on ledger account – see Sales Reporting.
- Credit limit, Account Balance, Payment Terms and Overdue balance: These are shown in order to allow you to consider whether to process the order – if the overdue balance is not acceptable. Please note: the overdue balance will not include any credits not matched as they may refer to non-overdue amounts – in the above example the account balance including orders exceeds the credit limit and therefore actions should be taken.
- Last Sales: Open Last Sales Form. This displays a list of the products sold, and the quantities, prices and source locations of those sales starting with the most recent prior to the current transaction.
Analysis Button: Displays this period (TP) and YTD (TD) sales quantities and amounts by Product for this customer.
- Select or search for Product – Description displays – overwrite if required.
- Add Quantity, amend Price if necessary, amend VAT Code if necessary.
- Enter or select other detail, then click Add to place on grid.
- Line notes: Press to display the line notes form. Enter notes that are specific to this line item in this transaction. Button turns red when a line item contains notes. notes can be edited the same way as other grid items. They can also be printed on stationery – see Include line notes in stationery design.
- Analysis: Select required Nominal Code.
- Note Stock availability.
Prices: When price field is selected click to open Special Prices form.
- Check price required and click OK to accept.
- Update: Select line on grid to amend. Click on Update to take to top – amend details and click on Update again to take back to grid.
- Insert: After filling in details highlight line below where you want to insert and click on Insert.
- Delete: Highlight line to delete and click Delete.
- Overall Discount: Discount applying to Total Invoice value.
- PP Discount: Prompt payment discount available for settlement within number of days from invoice date.
- Notes & Narrative: Text which can be displayed on invoices/credit notes as required by including these fields on your stationery design – see Stationery design.
- OK: To Print invoice and update ledgers.
- If Use document reprints field is checked in parameters click yes to reprint.
If, when processing invoices, the account is over its credit limit or payment terms the following warning appears.
A margin by Invoice display is available on request –
The calculation is based on these two fields in Stock Maintenance –