Read this and the next three topics to help you understand how the software is installed and configured.
Installing the software
To run Prelude Desktop products we recommend the following configuration
- An IMB-compatible computer with a 1.2GHz Pentium III processor
- 4GB RAM
- At least 100MB disk space for installation. Additional space will be required for your data.
- SVGA video card and monitor supported by Windows with minimum 1280 x 750 resolution
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10 operating system
- Suitable U.P.S. Battery Backup Unit
- For networked installations:
- Each computer to have fast ethernet 1Gbps PCI network card
- Gigabit Network Data Switch
The software may work on lesser hardware and software configurations but performance cannot be guaranteed.
- If you are installing an update, ensure all other users are off the system.
- Close all other programs.
- Download the program from the internet – you will given a URL path. Save the file – it should end up in your Download folder. It will be a .zip file and may contain just an .exe file or also contain an installer file. You will be sent instructions to install the program by email. You may need to extract the .zip file – right click on it and select ‘extract’ – on older machines you may need to use Winzip or 7-Zip to extract the files.
- Follow the instructions on the screen once the program starts loading.
- If not the C:\ drive select the Directory into which the program will be installed (the Target or Root Directory). Either: click Next to install the program into the default directory shown – recommended for first-time users, or; browse and select the Target Directory and then click Next to install into this directory and open the next screen.
- Confirm the Installation Type from the drop-down box: ‘Single (Standalone) P.C. or Server’ for the first time and upgrades; ‘Workstation‘ for non-server installation on a network –
Select Drive – Click on down arrow and click on network root folder drive name.
Select folder – click on down arrow and click on network root folder name. Click Next to continue the installation and open the next screen to select which Start Menu folder will contain program shortcuts.
- Click Next to use the default folder shown – recommended for first-time users, or;
- Browse and select a folder and then click Next to open the next screen.
- Select required Icon display options from those displayed and click Next to open the next screen.
- This will display a summary of all the options that you have selected, also giving you an opportunity to change any selections you have made up to this time. If you want to change any selection, click Back to navigate to the screen you require. Make any changes, and click Next to move through the screens.
- Once you are satisfied with your selections, click Install to begin the installation.
- The system will then install itself and will display progress on the screen.