The following list of possible preparation steps will help you decide if you need to do anything before processing and if you need help.
Select a company – see Change Companies.
Obtain an up-to-date customer list – see List Customers.
Obtain an up-to-date nominal code list – see List Chart of Accounts.
Ensure customer details are up to date – see Create & Edit Customer Accounts.
Ensure you have details of Delivery Addresses for goods despatched.
Ensure the product file is up to date for price changes – see Create & Edit Products and Services.
Set the default transaction date as required – see Change Default Transaction Date.
- On the main menu click Daybooks > Sales Daybook > Produce Credit Notes or;
- On the main menu click View > Configure Toolbar > Open Form – see Configure Toolbar Form.
- Check the box to the left of Produce Sales Credit Notes
- Click Apply button to display the control button –
- Click the Control Button to open the form.
- Select print options from the form which now opens – see Printing Reports.
- Once this is complete, click OK to open message box – click Yes to post to the next period, or No. Form opens.
- Either: Select customer and credit note number – see below or; type in a new account number then click Yes on the message box to create a new account – see Add Customer Account Form – Remember to enter the customer’s full details as soon as possible – see Create & Edit Customer Accounts.
- Enter data – each line on the Sales Credit Note is entered separately. Use mouse or tab keys to navigate along lines and Return to accept the entries and move to the next line.
- Click OK to close form and produce Credit Note or click Cancel.
Export or print Daybook Listing run as at the system date and confirm all credit notes posted – see Print Sales Daybook Listings.
If required file .pdf copies of credit notes with Daybook listings in a backed up directory.
- Account No: Either: Click on up and down arrows to scroll through list, and Click OK or press Return when required selection is displayed, or: Search for required code.
- Invoice No: Automatically generated or enter if Override is checked on Sales Ledger Page of Parameters Form.
- Rep Code: If enabled, select the relevant sales rep code.
- Date: Either: Manual entry formatted as DD/MM/YY. Type over the parts of the date you wish to change – the system will skip over the “/” part itself. If the date you enter is invalid; the cursor will return to the start of the date and await a valid entry, or click on the field to highlight data – white on a blue background – then Right Click to open the Calendar Menu – see Dates and Calendar .
- References: 2 fields of 16 characters.
- Analysis: Maximum 2 characters account specific – customers can be grouped together for reporting. Defaults to code shown on ledger account – see Sales Reporting.
- Deliver To: Select Delivery Address.
- Notes: Open Notes Form and enter text as required. Notes are stored as a permanent record and are specific to a Ledger account or Product or Service. They can be read and updated at any time by any user with access to the company. Entries should ideally show a date and the name or initials of the author. Entries will make a NOTES flag visible whenever the Ledger Account/Product is selected.
- Click ‘OK’ To save and close or ‘Cancel’ to close without saving.
- Code: Scroll or Search to select required Product – if not a stock item enter details in description field.
- Line Notes: Click ….to add additional printed notes.
- Enter Quantity, unit Price, Factor if needed (matches the cost of individual items bought in lots with the selling price of those items sold individually. System divides the cost or selling price by this factor when calculating margins), Discount , select appropriate VAT Code. Select Analysis Code – Nominal account. Check Job – if appropriate
- Note: Price from stock file if stock item & quantity field will go red if stock taken below zero.
If special prices created clicking on the prices button will bring up‘
- When line details complete click on ‘Add’ to add to grid.
- Click on ‘Update‘ if you wish to amend – update then click on ‘Update’ again.
- ‘Insert’ inserts line details above highlighted row.
- ‘Delete‘ deletes highlighted line on grid.
- ‘Clear’ clears entries in line – not the grid.
- Click ‘OK’ to save or ‘Cancel’ to clear and close without saving.
- Overall Discount: Discount applying to total invoice value.
- PP Discount: Prompt Payment discount available for settlement within number of days from invoice date.
- Notes & Narrative: Text which can be displayed on invoices/credit notes as required by including these fields in your Stationery Design.
- ‘OK’: Update ledgers, generates and prints invoice/credit note.
- If ‘Use document reprints’ field is checked on Sales Page click Yes to reprint – see Parameters Form.
- Cancel: Click to open warning message box – click Yes to close form without update, No to return to page.