Use this to release storage space on your hard disk. To delete individual cancelled orders, see Purchase Order Enquiry form.
Ensure all other users are off the system
Ensure you have a recent backup copy of your data – see Back Up Company Data.
Print a list of completed orders (as required).
On the main menu click > Suppliers > Orders > Order Cleardown to open form.
- In the Cut-off date field – Enter the cut-off date as Either: manual entry formatted as DD/MM/YY. Type over the parts of the date you wish to change – the system will skip over the “/” part itself. If the date you enter is invalid; the cursor will return to the start of the date and await a valid entry, or; click on the field to highlight data – white on a blue background – then right click to open the Calendar Menu – see Dates and Calendar
- In the Account field enter or search & select an individual Supplier Account. Only orders for this supplier will be cleared down.
- Leave blank to clear down Orders for all Suppliers.
- Click OK to open warning message box. Click Yes to cleardown , No to return to form
- Message box confirms Procedure Complete and the number of orders removed, click OK to close form.
File hard copy of the reports in a secure location. Label file with date of cleardown and cut-off date.